Thursday, March 4, 2010

Things I Miss...

As we're closing in on the midway point of this pregnancy, I've been thinking more and more about the ways my life has changed and what I miss. Now, there are little things I miss here and there (like a flat stomach), but overall I'm not that bothered by most of it. There are two exceptions, things I miss pretty consistently and that I'm already getting anxious to have back in my life.

Working up a good sweat.

For the last decade I've been pretty dedicated to working out- sometimes to the extreme with long, daily workouts, but at the bare minimum a few good, sweaty sessions a week. I ran because it was good for me, but no so much because I loved it. I never got that "high" people claim they get when they run. Still, I miss it. I can't wait to get out there, post-baby, iPod on, "Where the Streets Have No Name" blasting in my ears, sweat rolling down my face. That thought in my mind is pure heaven right now. I can't wait.

For now, I'm allowed to workout, but I have to limit my running to keep my heartrate low. My advised heartrate only allows me to run at a pace that's kind of embarrassing. I want to hang a sign from my treadmill that says "My Dr. makes me run this slowly" so people stop staring at me wondering why I'm not just walking.


This was after I finished my first triathlon, and seeing it reminds me of how good I felt. I'm committing now to signing up for a June 2011 Tri. 10 months post-baby...I think it's a good goal.

Beer.Wine.
I knew I'd miss wine. Terribly. I expected this. What I didn't expect was that I'd miss beer. I mean, I like beer, but I can't remember ever really craving beer pre-pregnancy. Now? Yeah, I want one all the time. I have a feeling when summer rolls around it will get worse...streetfests, Cubs games, sitting on the deck. Yep, I'll be daydreaming about Summer Shandy.

I did find Kaliber recently- this non alcoholic, 78 calorie beer is made by Guinness, and it's actually not half bad!

I'm actually cooking less and dining out less. For me, a huge part of enjoying both is having a glass of wine in the process. Without the wine, I'm not nearly as excited for a nice dinner out...I suppose this could mean that I'm either a huge lush or that I have a great appreciation for good wine. I'd prefer to think it's the latter.

4 comments:

  1. I found Kaliber near the end of my pg- a lifesaver! Christian actually drank one by accident and didn't realize it was NA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's some chilled Sauv B waiting for you in a few short months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I craved beer with Finn. Paulaner Thomas Brau is a really good n/a, too.

    ReplyDelete