Monday, March 22, 2010

Do You Hear What I Hear?

Probably not. Ya know why? Because I can hear my heart beating. IN MY EAR.

I've managed (thus far) to escape the well known pregnancy ickies: morning sickness, acne, constipation, hemorrhoids, and more. Somehow I've ended up with an issue that's pretty rare and had me convinced for days that I'd really and truly lost my mind.

I can hear my heart beating in my left ear, pretty much all the time. It's more like the "whoosh, whoosh" you hear on Doppler, and it's quiet enough to ignore most of the time. In fact, I did try to ignore it for a week before telling the Mr, who, thankfully, did not think I was nuts. It just keeps getting worse. I walk up a couple flights of stairs, carry heavy things, walk briskly, or even stand up too quickly and WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH. So loud I can't think about anything else until it slows down and quiets a few minutes later.

According to my Dr, this is very uncommon but it happens. It will get worse before it gets better [fantastic!], and she had one patient who still experienced this for 6 months after delivering her child. Whaaa?!

Oh, and I have spider angioma on my face and my chest/collar. It's really hot. Think patches of broken blood vessels. Rawr! I'm so getting a spray tan soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment