Sunday, March 21, 2010

Busy Weekend!

Finally finding out that we're having a little boy officially sent my obsessive planning into overdrive! I'd been procrastinating on my To Do list, but it was time to get moving.

For months I'd been asking friends about products they'd recommend, reading books like Baby Bargains, researching products in Consumer Reports, and compiling all the info into a spreadsheet. I know, go ahead, laugh. However, I'm the worst kind of Type A, and this is the stuff that helps me sleep at night and fills my days with happiness. (I wish I were kidding.) Armed with my spreadsheet, we headed out to register. Over the course of the weekend, we made our way through a few stores and I'm all tapped out. I'm going to have to finish the registries online this week.

Some big decisions were made, especially regarding his new bedroom :) We choose our bedding, ordered furniture, bought paint, cleared out most of the room, and even started taping it off for painting round 1 (primer) this week. Phew.

Check out his cute little bedding from Pottery Barn Kids:


We choose Benjamin Moore Bradstreet Beige for our paint with some accents in red and blue in the room, too. Our original plan to go with white furniture no longer seemed to be our best bet with this color scheme, so we decided on a pine set in espresso finish:


We still need to find a rug, a chair, and a handful of accessories, but we've chosen most of what we want in the room, and I can't wait to see it all come together!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bedding is great! I love quilts, there is just something special about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting Amy - love your nursery plans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Broadstreet Beige is the color we painted our bonus room/office. Good choice! It looks really good with glossy white trim.

    ReplyDelete