Friday, May 21, 2010

Weekly Survey: 28 -29.5 Weeks


Photo at 29 weeks, 1 day.

A lot has been happening, so I need to backtrack to the post I planned to put up on Wednesday night for weeks 28 & 29, but then post again with the second half of week 29. Crazy days.


How far along?
29 weeks, 4 days
How big is baby? 3 lbs, 10 oz.- 75th percentile for height, weight.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've stopped weighing myself and have told me Dr. to just let me know if she has concerns. It's getting to scary to watch the scale go up and up and up.
Next Appointment: My 28 wk appt went really well! We started with a blood draw for my Rhogam test, the headed up to drink that nasty glucose stuff. If you have a mega-sweet tooth, or if you're 5 years old, then I'd imagine you might like the drink. Try to imagine what an orange flavor ice tastes like when it's melted. Then stir in about 3 cups of granulated sugar. And let it sit at room temperature. Ahhh. Refeshing. The good news is that I passed the test! No gestational diabetes for this girl. Since the hubs and I have conflicting blood types, I went back for the Rhogam shot, too. When I can say that a needle in the butt cheek was better than an orange drink, you know the drink was bad, right?
Time to peek in on the little bambino: he looks great and is in a breech position for now. We got to see his adorable face and eyes (opened and closed), watched him kick around a bit, and got a few more pics for the scrapbook.
More vitals/bloodwork showed that I have low blood pressure, a small amount of protein in my urine, and anemia- so I have a new prescription.
Maternity Clothes: Quickly reaching the "no longer cute" stage.
Sleep: I guess I'll catch up on sleep when he goes to college, right?
Best Moment This Week: I need to start keeping track of these moments. I know that I've made several mental notes of these to add to my blog, but I can never quite remember when I sit down to write. I'm certain that the best moment was my shower, but I'm going to do a separate shower post after my shower this weekend.
Movement: Baby's new "thing" is pushing back against my desk. Of course, I can't sit right up to the edge of my desk anymore, so I have to stretch a bit to reach the keyboard, and the edge of my belly presses up against the desk. He'll almost immediately push back and then roll around. I kinda feel bad....but not so bad that I don't do it repeatedly. It's cute!
Planning/Preparation: I picked up a few things to organize the closet, started an inventory of the various items we've borrowed from friends so that I can return everything when we're done, and I have no less than 10 "to do" lists that are baby related- suddenly it seems there's no time.
Belly Button In/Out: I'm now willing to put money on keeping my innie.
Gender: BIG Baby Boy
What I Miss: Sleeping on my stomach, walking up stairs without getting winded, hot dogs & beer (can't help it...start of baseball season).
What I'm Looking Forward To: We're having a 3D ultrasound at 30 weeks, so I can't wait to get a closer look at his sweet face. We also start our Prenatal classes in the next couple weeks, and we certainly have a lot to learn.
Contractions: Nope
Milestones? My first baby shower! Two nights of only getting up to use the bathroom one time- sadly, this is a milestone.

2 comments:

  1. You look great! I recently had the same milestone as you re using the bathroom at night -- it was pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete