Thursday, May 27, 2010

Weekly Status: 30 Weeks

How far along? 30 weeks, 4 days
How big is baby? 3 lbs, 9 oz.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I forgot my new policy and looked at the scale. Somehow, since my weigh in two weeks ago and sitting on my butt for a full week with a growing baby, I'm down 3 lbs. I guess not being able to get up to get snacks has helped!
Next Appointment: My 30 wk appt was this afternoon, including a 3D ultrasound. I go back again next Wednesday and am now on weekly appts.
Maternity Clothes: I've been pretty much in hospital robes or comfies for the past week. It was nice to actually get dressed for my appt today.
Sleep: I'm finally starting to catch up the last few nights, but the vivid dreams are wigging me out.
Best Moment This Week: Seeing my little boy's face today. Even though it was kinda smooshed, and only his profile, I could see him blink and move his lips, check out his chubby cheeks, and see all of his fingers and toes- which were all right by his face! He's quite the little contortionist, so we'll have to get him on the right track early....no son of mine will be in the circus.
Movement: He likes to put his feet under the right side of my ribcage, which is more uncomfortable than I think you can imagine. Most babies his age have 3 active periods a day of 6 or so noticeable movements in 30 min. I've counted 6-7 active periods a day for a few days now and pretty much constant motion for a good 20 minutes each time. He has his daddy's energy.
Planning/Preparation: Things have come to a screeching halt since being put on bed rest. I'm trying not to freak out, so I'm making a list of what I can do from the couch- write thank you cards, create closet hangers to divide clothes, finally finish our wedding album (seriously, this needs to get done before we bring him home).
Belly Button In/Out: Kinda flat now.
Gender: BIG Baby Boy
What I Miss: Life before bed rest.
What I'm Looking Forward To: For now, it's just getting from day to day. Each day we can keep him in there is an accomplishment - I will keep praying that we can get to 32 weeks, and when we get there, I'll start praying for 34.
Contractions: None since last Friday...phew.
Milestones? Hitting the f75% mark at 30 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Continue to rest & take care of yourself! That little contortionist needs to cook a little longer. Maybe he will be a yoga instructor if the circus doesn't work out.... ;)

    ReplyDelete