Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ahhhhhhhh-ruba

Babymoon in Aruba? Best.Idea.Ever.

We've only been home a few days, and I miss it already. For sure the best part was spending an uninterrupted week alone with the hubster, but that fact that it was spent in powdery sand, in crystal clear blue waters, in a lounge chair where people were bringing me virgin mango dacquiris? Yeah, that was the best part.

Some amazing things happened on this trip, too: the deafening sound of my heart beating in my ear stopped while we were there! Cohmpletely. I actually didn't notice it at first, since I'd grown so accustomed to tuning it out. I also managed to go a full week without a single nosebleed after having one on a nightly basis for over a month. Of course, now that I'm home, both have started again. Booo. Perhaps they are more stress related than I realized?

A not-so-amazing new thing: heartburn. I now consume Mixed Berry Tums with a fervor once reserved for Peanut M & Ms (which, coincidentally also give me heartburn now).

One of the most fun things about the trip was how nice everyone is to a pregnant lady on vacation! Holding elevators for me, letting go in front of them in line in the bathroomm, strangers telling me "congratulations", a man who said "I think it's a boy" when I walked past him, a lady on the beach who said "I love your baby bump" when we walked past her, and even the woman in the pool who was at her wit's end with kids around her turning to me and saying "are you sure this is what you want?!"....all brought a smile to my face.

Baby S got a little tan, too (and about doubled in size):



5 comments: