Monday, July 26, 2010

Looking Back & Looking Ahead

What I'll Miss Most About Being Pregnant
  1. The anticipation. When will he be here? What will he look like? How will I know what to do? Will I kiss him so much his skin will be raw??
  2. Feeling the little guy kicking around. It's "our thing". I get to know when he's sleeping, when he's awake, if he liked what I had for dinner. I'll miss that a lot.
  3. Hogging the baby all to myself. I'm going to have to share him with everyone, right? A few days ago his daddy said "I can't wait to meet him, too. I feel like you know him already, ya know?", and I guess he's right.
  4. Listening to the hubby read bedtime stories. We have two favorites, meant for an inside baby only.
  5. People being especially nice to me. Nuff said.
  6. Reprieve from lactose intolerance. I've been one of the lucky 50% who no longer needs meds while pregnant. I'm told I'll need to start up again after the baby is born, which is probably good given my 9 month orgy of ice cream, cheese, and pizza.

What I'm Most Looking Forward To
  1. Pilates and Running. I miss both desperately and can't wait to work up a good sweat and also be able to feel my abs again.
  2. Wine. Oh, and beer, champagne, sangria.....
  3. Sleeping on my stomach. Can't freaking.wait.
  4. Peeing less than 20 times a day. What I save in bulk toilet paper I'll spend on wine.
  5. Reclaiming sole ownership of my ribcage.
  6. Wearing underwear designed for the under 50 crowd again. I made it to 34 weeks before caving.
  7. Walking without my thighs rubbing together. At least I hope I can get back to that sooner than later. See #1.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to doing Pilates with you again! And I promise to still be nice to you now that you have an outside baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you start a new blog where you post about Will? If so, address please!?! If not, I don't care if you are busy feeding and changing and a million other things....I need some Will in my life! Post please!

    Oh, and I guess I care how you are doing too ;)

    ReplyDelete