Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy- Book Review


Dear Jenny McCarthy,

You own me $9.32, roughly 3 hours of my life, and 10 IQ points.

You can thank my wise husband for his Amazon Prime membership, or you'd owe me more than that. Seriously, I can't believe I wasted my time on this book. Who are all these people who loved it? Why did they find it so funny and informative? Me thinks they ain't so bright.

I think I laughed out loud once or twice, but given my level of sleep deprivation, this isn't all that impressive. You know who I think might like this book? A pregnant 16 year old who is clueless about pregnancy, or a woman who has exactly zero friends who've given birth to a child. I wouldn't consider myself a pregnancy or childbirth expert by any means, but none of the great revelations in this book were news to me.

::gasp:: Do people really drop a #2 on the table when delivering a baby?! Why, yes. Yes, they do. It's not all that uncommon, and people are paid to clean that up and take it away (reason #873 why I'm not a nurse).

::gasp::You get cellulite, stretch marks, acne, gas, and hemorrhoids?! Well, yes. If you're lucky, not all 5. But there are plenty of non-preggos who have all 5 already. It's called life.

::sigh:: I'm too fat for thongs, too gassy for proper socialization....waaa waaa waaa.

Enough. I wanted to poke my eyes out, but I perservered and read till the end. I should have cut my losses at 2 hours in. Stick to talking about autism, Jenny; I actually like you then.

Rating: 1 star.

3 comments:

  1. Funny review! I especially like the It's called life part. Maybe because I don't need to get pg to have known some of those symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, funny, funny! Your next career should be a reviewer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up!
    (The whole "by Jenny McCarthy" part should have tipped you off.)

    ReplyDelete