Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer in the City

Have I mentioned how much I love living in the city? As a Chicago baby myself, I'm thrilled to be raising a Chicago baby, too, and exposing him to all the great things our city has to offer. While summer technically begins on June 21st, so much of what makes the season great really begins as soon as the temperatures go up (can you blame Chicagoans after our incredibly long winters?!).

Will and I have been out in our BOB stroller walking with Lucy, checking out all the trees as they fill with leaves and the flowers as they bloom, jogging for race training, visiting parks in our neighborhood, and meeting up with friends.

Two weeks ago we took a Mom & Baby Stroller Fitness class with my friend Becky and her adorable 6 wk old son, Sumner. I got to sweat a little, and Will got to take in the sights. The park we worked out in seems to have a great family pool, so we'll have to plan a day there.

Last week we planned to go to the zoo, but since it was nearly 100 degrees we hit the Shedd Aquarium instead. Eight of my mommy friends and their little ones were there, too, and Will loved watching the penguins swim, the dolphins zip around, and the jellyfish special exhibit.

Just yesterday we introduced Will to his first streetfest, one of Mom & Dad's favorite things in a Chicago summer. Ribfest in North Center didn't have too much on the menu that was Will-friendly, but while he nibbled on snacks from the diaper bag we enjoyed some ribs, pulled pork, and beer. A fine summer day indeed!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more -- I love having a city baby! It was so great seeing you both at Shedd as well as at Galter. It's wonderful to have you guys as friends. Will is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete