Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Other Serafins

While Will is a pretty amazing kid, he's not raising himself, and there are actually two other Serafins living in this house! You know, the ones who feed him, dress him, kiss him a few hundred times a day, tickle his feet, read him stories, sing him songs, etc.

I'm not sure if anyone is interested in what "The Others" are up to, or if the Will-centric blog is preferred, but I thought you might want to know what Andrew and I have been doing lately. Since I plan to print the blog to add onto Will's baby book, it seems like it might be a nice addition for him to have one day, too. From time to time, I'll update you on what the big people around here are doing.

With summer on the horizon, Andrew is getting ready for race season. He plans on running a half marathon with a large group of friends just a few days after his 37th birthday (a few short weeks from now), and will compete in at least 3 triathlons. I'm making my return to triathlon this summer, too. It's been a few years, so I'm not sure I'll be in the race shape I was in way back when, but I'm excited to have a reason to train. I'll be doing a tri in June, and then possibly another in August. I've also registered for the Chicago Half Marathon in September. It will be my first, and I hope only to finish without completely embarrassing myself...how's that for a goal?

Our social lives are certainly a lot more limited than pre-Will, but we still get out a fair share. Andrew has been going to a lot of Bulls games (we had partial season tickets this year, and they are going to the playoffs!), and now that baseball season has started, we'll be heading to Wrigley for games as often as possible.

Work is, well, work. Andrew puts in long days here and there, and I have the greatest job I can imagine- spending my days with Will! There are times I miss the adult interaction of working outside the home, as well as sitting at a desk instead of on the floor, eating a real lunch instead of shoveling something into my mouth quickly, and seeing the end result of my hard work. Still, I'd rather be here with my 17 pound work in progress. He pays me in gummy kisses, sleepy hugs, unsolicited smiles, and belly laughs. It's the biggest paycheck I've ever earned.

1 comment: