Thursday, November 18, 2010

Will Rocks!

I'm not sure whether it has anything to do with all the music I listened to while pregnant (and piped into Will via Belly Buds), but one thing is for certain: Will LOVES his music!

In the last few weeks, we noticed how much he enjoys being sung to, and now pretty much everything is a song "This is the way we take a bath, take a bath, take a bath. This is the way we take a bath every other daaaaaay. This is the way we scrub our toes, scrub our toes...." You get the idea. He listens intently to all the traditional songs, and any time we incorporate hand motions we earn bonus points by way of huge smiles.

Even more than the traditional songs, Will loves hip hop. Yep. Pretty much any song that tells the listener to "throw your hands up" is a big hit with baby boy. So, we've started dancing to hip hop every day around the house, I sing it to him in the car, play it while we roll around on his activity mat...and he never tires of it. What cracks me up is how much he loves Justin Bieber's "Baby Baby Baby". This is where I have to confess that I listened to that ALL. THE. TIME. when I was pregnant. I'm sure I'm the only 35 year old woman who loves this song, but I can't deny it. Will also used to listen to it on his Belly Buds, and he'd always start kicking. Bieber Fever! Hahaha.

Now I just need Dave Matthews to make a Lullaby CD.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! This is inspiring me to get those Belly Buds. When did you start using them? Baby Stiles gets serenaded (whether he likes it or not) for 2 hrs a day during my daily commute. :)

    ReplyDelete